Pages

Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Chapter 4 : Measuring the Success of Strategic Initiativesc



The Interrelationships of Efficiency & Effectiveness It Metrics

6 Common Types of Efficiency Metrics :

  • Throughput
  • Transaction Speed
  • Availability
  • Accuracy
  • Web traffic
  • Response time
Throughput :
  • The amount of information that can travel through a system at any point. For example, through UITM Student Portal as a students or anyone can access any information what we want to know and just click the icon for each button. From the website, we can get all the information and we do not need waste our time to go the HEA or HEP to fill up our information.
Speed :
  • The amount of time a system takes to perform a transaction. For example, using an email to sent a paper work or do a business using such as hot-mail, y-mail, and g-mail, it can takes fast to sent and use, because the system have a high speed compared the few days ago when need to give all information to everyone, we using by hand the information and takes day to day to sent a document to the people that we want to sent to he or she. Using this technology, we can sent an important document with a fast speed without through with communication or meet the person.
Availability :
  • The number of hours a system is available for users. For example, banking service such as May-bank to U is available to anyone to used it. Click the button,then proceed the next step or instructions that given. The service is operate 24 hours without sleep and unless the bank machine was broken.
Accuracy :
  • The extent to which a system generates the correct results when executing the same transaction numerous times. For example, using Student Portal UITM, when want to check our marks for self-assessment, we just click e-Academic system and our details will viewed by the system.
Web Traffic :


  • Includes a host of benchmarks such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, and the average time spent viewing a web page. For example, for those who have a blogger, we can put the term number of visitors in our blog. In Student Portal UITM also have a number of visitors that visit the web page.
Response time :
  • The time it takes to respond to user interactions such as a mouse click. For example, when we open up a webpage of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) or other webpage, from button About KFC to button Colonel's Menu, the time take with fast unless our connections broadband or wireless is very slow.
My Efficiency and Effectiveness sell a product in Facebook
Efficiency = Measures the performance of the IT system itself including throughput, speed, and availability. I will make sure that our system in Facebook operates constantly. For example, I sell a handbag and shoes through on-line  I will make sure I put in different albums for handbag and for shoes to customer viewed in details and more specific. Next,each of item,I put price,what type of size,colour and the postage. I will use May-bank that act as a third party between me and my customer because the process at May-bank  have a high technology and always upgrade their system to make customer fell easy to used the transaction through on-line banking.   

Effectiveness Measure the impact IT has on business process & activities. For example, For my regular customer,I will give free postage, when they buy 3 times within 2 months from me. I will check first their information that he or she give to me to purchase my luggage such as size of bags,colour,home address,phone number and the fees to be charged. I will update at my Facebook,who the owner that purchase each of item that I have sell and give free postage if my customer buy 2 and above. For my regular customer,I will sent a new information to their first, such as tag their name in Facebook about a luggage to they Facebook, to let they know that have a new item to be sold. I will make sure our quality of a product item does not have a damaged with a system POS LAJU.



No comments:

Post a Comment